February 4, 2015

Love is silent, not blind

Dear Friend,















I hope you will understand the short hiatus. I started the new year extra-busy; midterms, thesis defense, course requirements, job fairs and clearances aside from the usual study hours. I still cannot believe it's already February, It felt like January lasted 5 seconds. I am so glad to finally had the time to write something for you. (In between, homeworks for today, technically)

You have to know, that even in the midst of those things, I still had the chance to do some exercises and leisure time (aka. stalk time on my social media accounts), my biggest guilty pleasure is browsing for bags or shoes at luxury websites like net-a-porter.com at 2am (Yup! Browsing for luxury items instead of writing for you hahahaha! can't help it). I don't know why I don't feel too dramatic these days despite all the work, I am actually feeling happy with what's happening and I am now looking forward to finish my first degree but honestly, I am just excited to wear my "first" graduation dress (which brings me to the fact that I've been sleeping late because I am browsing stuff at warehouse or at evernew aside from those luxury websites! hahahaha). Moreover, I had the chance to invite my close friends aka thesis mates slash bremmies over at our house before the recent weekend for a sleepover after that successful thesis defense (yipee!), the only downside to that was the "fats" we gained after it, because we were eating smores and munching on sweeties from 1-4am (Sorry not sorry) 

Since, it's February, I wanted to talk about how fvcked up my definition of Love at this point. To tell you upfront, I do not believe in destiny nor love at first sight. Or even forever, I only believe in the magic of the now and how you try to make it evolve over a long period of time (isn't it amazing?) I do not define love as something that is blind. (wow!). However, I feel love, even if there're so many hatred in this world. I define love as silent, everyone knows but nobody understands. I am in awe by the faces I see, when I am in love. Fulfilling yet Overbearing. Haha! I find love, silent in many ways. It hits you at the wrong time and it leaves you at the right time and you won't even see it coming. Love is therefore not blind, the people in it is. It never stays, but you can find it again and this time you can nurture it longer. But, it dies too and dying is inevitable, nothing lasts forever (except pollution), but who cares? it's always the "before dying" that matters. 

So right now (although my definition is fvcked up) I am trying to find love. 

Anna Wintour once said, "You just need to have a love for what you're doing. It's not about thinking that it's the cool thing, it's about really believing in it". I believe in the magic of everything I do and that's why (I guess), I am happy at this moment. 



Until my next PMS (haha),
Patricia