November 4, 2013

Stomach Stitches


                     I was admitted to the hospital last October 29 until November 1. Precedently, I was already suffering from severe stomach ache and I thought it was just my "normal" stomach ache. But it already came to a point where I can no longer handle the pain so I keep on vomiting, my parents were delirious so they rushed me to the hospital. (Thank God! We are just blocks away from a private hospital). My Physician's diagnosis was "Acute Appendicitis" --- Appendicitis is defined as an inflammation of the inner lining of the vermiform appendix that spreads to its other parts. This condition is a common and urgent surgical illness with protean manifestations, generous overlap with other clinical syndromes, and significant morbidity, which increases with diagnostic delay. In fact, despite diagnostic and therapeutic advancement in medicine, appendicitis remains a clinical emergency and is one of the more common causes of acute abdominal pain. (http://emedicine.medscape.com).



                      I underwent a surgical operation called appendectomy. I was really anxious, I have terrible fear for needles and sharp objects hence I thought I was really dying. (I THOUGHT I WAS DYING AND I HAVEN'T WRITTEN MY GOODBYE LETTERS YET) Hahahahaha so it was really hard for the nurses to calm me down. But of course, let's just leave it to the Anesthesiologist. Thankfully the Surgeon was my Papa's friend so it was easy for us to transact. Anyway, the after dramas of the operation was the most memorable lol =))))) I struggled not eating or drinking for 24 hours (talk about dessert living). It might make me sound like I had fun being in the hospital (No! Definitely not) It was extremely painful and that was the experience I would have to remember but would never be missed. Let alone the stresses my parents felt at that moment (Physical, Emotional and Financial Stress). That wasn't fun yet it was really memorable, it's hard not to write it. 



                    I will really miss the nurses, they amuse me a lot. They are like angels sent to me by God (Alleluia). When I was released from the hospital, I was too excited!!!! Yet again, there's this feeling of loss and sadness, I'd definitely miss the Intern Doctors who keep on playing pranks with me, the nurses, the hospital bed (Lol Parang nagbakasyon lang). *Insert Emo me* Plus, I want to get this opportunity to say good bye to my Appendix. Good bye! 

                     In times of great adversity, I always keep in mind that "Everything Happens for a Reason." And not too long ago, I have again found mine. To the people who are suffering from all kinds of illnesses, don't worry "Everything happens for a Reason"


Stay Healthy!


Love, Anna

P.S. Thank you to my friends who visited me! You are loved <3