December 31, 2016

2016

2016

The year that taught me not to give a shit, and I'm still not going to give it.

This letter

Lol is this even a letter?

Idk if prose or poem
or a confession, somehow.

With disjointed sentences
like my days with you

Whatever.

I'm writing it now with revel and angst - the emotional combo of 2016.

A year composed mostly of all-nighters, sugar coated by dreams and desires - it's going to be worth it, they said

Fvck everyone

It was beer nights,
coupled w failed marks
Unexpected friendships
And love affair
Drunk in tequila shots
falling in love w bestfriends,
Still drowning in beer bottles

Damn the 5am kisses,
Convos at sunrise

The emojis couldn't even handle it.

2016 - a cruel year in hell

Yet, it wasn't how hell was supposed to be

The night was as bright as the daylight

The singing birds were chirping even after twilight

Laughing off tragedies as if it were the grandest jokes.

Unknowingly in love with the horros of hell

We all are.

Goddamnit!

12 months of extremity

Then, we found ourselves one day, looking up at the heavens, thinking what is it for us up there?

I saw the look on our faces, "shit we're screwed"

Knees touching,
Hands holding,
A kiss on the cheeks or on the lips
Troubles and jealousy
Crying and hugging
I fvcking hate the cheesiness of it.

I couldn't
I shouldn't

But, I wanted to go back to it all.

It's ending;

The feels of 4am drunk texts or the 4am call time of study periods

My feelings for you, will be gone soon. Things will never happen the same way twice.

All along I was thinking,
I hate 2016
Yet, I felt it more
When I have loved you

New year comes,
and we'll bid goodbye -

It was a happy year,
but I'm still not sure what kind

Hands trembling,
Hearts beating

"I love you, 2016."

But, we weren't meant to be.

Thank you for the feels.

Love,
Anna

No comments :

Post a Comment