October 23, 2014

"Leave now" and "Keep going"

Leave now, they said.
For if you already tried your best and it didn't work, it's not for you.

Keep going, they said.
To never give up is what you promised yourself.

Leave now, "you can't do it anymore."
Keep going, "you've already come so far."

When I leave now, where will I go?
If I keep going, how long?

For there are already days when I thought of leaving and yet I stayed
For there are already days I kept going and yet I find myself crying for the same reason

Sometimes, I wonder if I can still make it
Sometimes, I wonder if it's still worth it

Then, I left
Then, I went back

I might have been too hard on myself
No, no. I've always been too hard
"I give up!" I beat myself from giving up too soon
so I raised my middle finger, "I Stood up!"

I want to leave now and go to where I'm supposed to be
But, I'm lost and I can't anymore remember where it is

I chose the wrong path, I want to go back but I can't. No one can
"You just gotta have to move forward" life is tough.

"I want to leave now" but "I want to stay"
I want to believe that when I keep going, It would lead me to where I want to be
But why does it hurt so much?

When is best, best?
When is enough, enough?

How do you measure hard work?
How do you know when it's still worth fighting for?

How do you know when it's time to leave?
How do you know if it's still right for you?

"Leave now"
You're in the wrong story.
Where did I start?

"Keep going"
It's going to be worth it in the end.
Where is the end?

If it hurts, it's time for you to leave.
If it hurts, that's the time you have to keep going.


I don't know.