January 30, 2013

Dress Codes

I've been exploring Lookbook.nu awhile ago, so what I'll be saying here can be thoroughly classified as my recent realization, Hahahah ok.

As I scroll upon various looks and styles, there was this moment when I felt jealous and It seems like I've been viewing all of those in jail. One time, I told my friend; "If we can only wear dresses without wild stares all the time, or those like 'Camille Co', I would've been happier" that's true, and I know some of you might want it too, even more than what I desire.

I don't mean to sound, waaaay like a Fashion-guru but for me, Fashion is not a competition neither something that should be bragged about. I've been through this when I was in Highschool, everybody wants to be the best-dressed by wearing the same dresses/outfits/themes, What's the point? -_- 

I'm writing this because, I feel being dictated by what I should wear in this society (Not to mention, School Dress Codes -- why can't we just shorten it to 'Decent'), I always ask myself, all the time, "Why do we have to follow the norms?" Is it because there's no winter in the Philippines that there's no room for us to wear Stockings nor boots? hahahaha! OR maybe because there are those people who will judge you when you wear clothes differently? (Oh please! We've had enough of them, they're the people who secretly fantasize high fashion too, yet too coward to show it).

So I think it's just probably right for us to be just 'ourselves', wear what makes you, 'you'. I think that's what makes you different, and being different always stands out. Fashion Identity, comes from being able to express ourselves. Self-expression is always a form of art. :)


Love,
Anna