September 18, 2012

Tongue Tied

Assumptions. One of the biggest words for me. People assume a lot everyday, we imagine a lot of things from the different point of views. One day, you're going to think that you are the most beautiful person in the room then the next day, you will just feel so fat you can die. There are times when you are really forced to assume. In accounting there are many assumptions, like for example; when you asses future cash flows and for going concern assumption wherein you assume that you have continued life existence. (Ha! I reread my accounting book for that) Or maybe, on the basis of friendship, when you assume that you already belonged to the group of socialite, after learning to drink and party hard, where in fact there's enough to learn. There are times when we assume our school grades, some might assume that they will already pass the subject while others are scared of what might become of it. Etc. We all have our own assumptions in life, we assume a lot of things. I am assumptive.

I guess, my favorite assumption of all is the moment when you thought your crush actually likes you. Or when you thought the one you love, actually loves you back. (Don't deny). I mean, it's always nice to know that someone actually likes you, it's even nicer to know that the one you admire, admires you too. There's always a feeling of self-satisfaction and confidence. Most especially if he told you, "You're perfect, just the way you are". Who would've slept early for the night after hearing those words? 

I have known a lot of friends, who thought they are mind-readers, telling me; "Crush niya talaga ako!", "OMG. He said hi, he already loves me" Hahaha. Funny, how in just one "Hi'', we already labeled it as "Can you marry me?". The problem is that, we tend to jump beyond the line, we tend to over look things, that's why we easily get hurt. We put so much expectations and hopeless desires. We get over excited by the idea of being loved back, brushing off the consequences and negative results.

I, as a person, also assume a lot! I also consider myself as a ''Mind-reader" Hahahahaha and I have realized, that assumptions take place when we were unable to understand the truth. Most especially if we become coward of unveiling how we truly feel. 

(c) http://corsicans.tumblr.com