December 7, 2013

9.) What do you think of Ebenezer Scrooge?

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year. I will live in the Past, the Present, and the Future. The Spirits of all Three shall strive within me. I will not shut out the lessons that they teach!" -Ebenezer Scrooge
I find him very inspiring. When I read Charles Dickens' book, the first thing I said about him is "You're Bullshit", but after the story progress, it was when I already said "Okay. Now, I understand you". Ebenezer Scrooge is the grumpiest of all grumpies of Christmas. You will really hate him, but the more you hate him the more you feel sorry for him. (Guys, If you're not getting my point. Watch  the movie"A Christmas Carol"). 

The Scrooge lives in all of us; attachment to money, luxury and other irrelevant things that separates us from what is truly important. The scrooge in us, pulls us back to the heavy weight of the past experiences, which hinder us from moving forward and accepting mistakes. Above all, The scrooge in us takes away the happiness that we really deserve because we are too busy looking for it at the things that doesn't matter. 

There was a reason why the Christmas Spirits appeared on Ebenezer Scrooge's life, it's to let him realize what opportunities in life he have wasted because of bitterness, the cruelties and mistakes he have done. Yet the spirits tell us that it's never too late to Change. It's never too late to Accept.