August 24, 2013

Young Adult Fictions


I've been reading a lot of YA books lately and I fell in love with the genre completely. To tell you honestly, at first I really like Chick-Lit, I read books of Sophie Kinsella and Meg Cabot because I really love their wits, I love how they are funny and romantic at the same time. Those were the days of high school, when everything's very light for me. Hence, I was really surprised by my sudden love of YA fictions. One friend told me, maybe the books we read define our moods or feelings at the moment. Maybe, she's right, maybe YA books touched me a lot because at some point the words hit me. 

The thing about YA books, is that they always make me cry (hahaha!). John Green and David Levithan makes me cry. Even, Karen Thompson made me cry. I always think that YA books have higher depth than that of Scifi novels which I'm really not a fan of (Modesty aside). I like books that touch me, I like books that relate with me, the one speaking through me. That's why Scifi and Thriller never appealed to me. Sorry

Young Adult fiction taught me about life in general and how to deal with it. I love how I always smell things written in the books, Cigarettes most especially. I love how it's very individual and how it encompasses love and life in a different way.

“I'm sorry, but I don't get it. If we're supposed to ignore everything that's wrong with our lives, then I can't see how we'll ever make things right.” 

― A.S. King, Please Ignore Vera Dietz

But of course we have different tastes, so I can never really judge the books you read because I know they are as amazing as the person reading it. The People who read are always the most beautiful people. So whatever floats your boat then that's it. Don't worry, Hunger Games and Divergent series are my guilty pleasure books too (they are Scifi by the way). 

Sorry if this post bores you too much. Lol! I am such a downer, I know. I just hope you love reading too. There's something about reading that makes me feel smarter everyday (haha!). It compensates my lack of grammar skills, math skills and not to mention my Graphical Anxiety. (I hope my management science teacher knows this). --- I always tell myself to live life the way I read a book. I wish you do too.

Two words: Keep Reading. 



Love,
Book Girl